Nina Church-Adams, currently the SVP of Marketing at Act-On Software discusses B2B marketing tactics that global tech leaders and her team at Act-On Software uses to ensure consistent pipeline generation. In this episode she breaks down the upcoming trends in the technology marketing domain and talks about the various ways in which B2B marketing and sales will change in the future.
Nina is a senior marketing leader with more than 15 years of experience building teams, products and brands. Nina has been successful in leading global cross-functional teams through product launches, go-to-market transformations, and organizational transitions. She is a marketer, and a storyteller who can align a diverse team around a shared vision by harnessing and focusing on a team’s creativity.
About Act-On Software:
Act-On Software is a leading marketing automation / SaaS product that helps sales and marketing teams increase and convert leads faster and more efficiently throughout the buying journey.
Top ten takeaways from the episode:
- “From a marketing standpoint, my team is now trying to enable a more agile marketing process.”
- “So often people jump ahead into the measurement without any focus on ensuring they have the right kind of data.”
- “Paying attention to multiple data sets helps us optimize every campaign.”
- “Specifically coming from this space, I’ve seen people think about Demand Gen first when it comes to what they should their martech for. But they don’t think about leveraging marketing technology for activities beyond that and that is a big miss in itself. Often people don’t even think of marketing automation for a Sales use case!”
- “With subscription-models becoming more prevalent, it is crucial for Marketing and Sales to stay close to their customer!”
- “The role of the Salesperson according to me will continue to be important in the B2B space.”
- “Buyers have growing expectations now and this evolution is changing the industry, it is changing how we personalize campaigns.”
- “Its all about leveraging multiple technologies and data points to grab the best results today.”
- “Marketing and Sales alignment helps get better traction from every campaign and outreach.”
- “What our customers need is good technology plus the support to optimally use it.”
Sunny Side Up is a series of 15-minute podcasts. Leaders and innovators share what they’ve learned in the B2B tech sector on topics related to marketing, product management, sales, and leadership.