Jenn Steele, currently the Chief Marketing Officer at Madison Logic discusses her journey as a tech marketer and shares some interesting insights and tips on B2B marketing in this episode of Sunny Side Up.
Jenn is a marketing leader with considerable experience working in all major business units. She has worked in marketing roles across organizations like Amazon, Bizible and HubSpot before starting her stint as CMO at Madison Logic.
About Madison Logic:
Madison Logic helps enable sales and marketing teams with relevant buying insights to ensure every buyer interaction becomes more meaningful.
Top ten takeaways from the episode:
- “There is no such thing as a typical day for most CMOs anymore.”
- “ABM is shaping up differently depending on region.”
- “What amuses me is that for enterprise B2B sales, ABM is ancient to some extent. I call it sales with a digital assist.”
- “I don’t see ABM dying, even before it had a name, it was something we had to do as companies.”
- “What we are trying to figure out today as an industry is what constitutes ABM.”
- “Most companies consider their ABM approach to be tiered out.”
- “There are thousands of ABM platforms out there including Madison Logic, but every one has a different feature set. As a market, we will have to decide on a feature set.”
- “There’s a thin line between personalization and being creepy, marketers need to address that today.”
- “According to me, being agile is important in marketing. Marketing can be more agile and impact more accounts at once.”
- “One of my favorite Sales and Marketing alignment tips- Don’t be afraid to drink with sales!”
Sunny Side Up is a series of 15-minute podcasts. Leaders and innovators share what they’ve learned in the B2B tech sector on topics related to marketing, product management, sales, and leadership.