What does 2019 hold for B2B sales and salestech?
We recently spoke with Christy Kirkland from SalesLoft to discuss upcoming trends in B2B sales.
About Christy, in her own words:
“I started my career in SaaS almost by mistake, or rather grand design. I began at Lead Forensics, which was an incredible learning experience & eventually graduated into a more challenging role at Marketo. After much deliberation, I chose to leave and venture off to SalesLoft – an Atlanta-based & quickly growing, but immensely successful start-up.”
Top ten takeaways from the episode:
- “The biggest push I’m seeing today is rising popularity of Sales Engagement platforms, the whole world right now is paying attention to Sales Engagement”
- “An important part of Sales Engagement is having a multi-channel platform”
- “80% of top performing organizations use at least 3 channels”
- “If you just use phone or email, you will be missing the mark”
- “Sales tech and Sales engagement is an evolving market, sales people are slower in adopting tools and technologies”
- “Its all about being politely persistent today”
- “It is hard to build a predictable pipeline with substandard data”
- “Marketing teams have picked up on ABM, ABM is meant to drive alignment between Marketing and Sales”
- “More and more people are taking an account-based approach to Sales too. Everyone has a different take on what ABM means to them”
- “It all comes down to personalization, everyone likes to feel special”
Sunny Side Up is a series of 15-minute podcasts. Leaders and innovators share what they’ve learned in the B2B tech sector on topics related to marketing, product management, sales, and leadership.