We had the pleasure of speaking with martech influencer Matt Heinz (President and Founder of B2B marketing and sales acceleration firm Heinz Marketing) in this episode on B2B marketing trends. Have a quick listen!
About Heinz Marketing:
Established in 2008, Heinz Marketing is a B2B sales and marketing firm located in Redmond, WA, serving businesses throughout North America and overseas. Heinz Marketing focuses on driving results through strategic demand generation, disciplined sales funnel strategies, fully-integrated campaigns and collaboration between marketing and sales organizations.
Top ten takeaways from the episode:
- “The more sales and marketing work together, the more likely the company is to achieve its goals.”
- “Account-based Marketing done well requires tight integration between sales and marketing and the buying committee at your target accounts.”
- “Addressing the buying committee as one team is the biggest challenge to overcome today.”
- “No one can do enterprise sales and marketing without a pretty complex data that tells you who your targets are, and why to target one company over the other.”
- “There is often a lot of variables that go into choice of data.”
- “Alot of content is ask and not give.”
- “The fallacy I hear is that people are not consuming content, that is simply not true. We have more content coming to us in various formats today.”
- “Your content strategy should go from interruptive to creative.”
- “In 2019 we will see smaller and narrower, more focused content created, maybe even to audiences of just one!”
- “Direct mail has made an enormous comeback, when people get Direct Mail, they think its novel because they don’t get too many mails anymore!.”
Sunny Side Up is a series of 15-minute podcasts. Leaders and innovators share what they’ve learned in the B2B tech sector on topics related to marketing, product management, sales, and leadership.